Farmer Nappy Receives Lifetime Achievement Award






Trinidadian veteran soca artiste Farmer Nappy has received a Sunshine Award in recognition of his long career in soca. 
The "Hookin Meh" singer, real name Darryl Henry, received the Lifetime Achievement Sunshine Award for his over 30 years in the industry. 

He was honoured at the 31st Sunshine Awards which took place on Saturday in New York.
Nappy was among six other Caribbean people who were honoured, among them Trinidadians Albert Laveau, businessman Robert Amar, Dr Andre Cropper and Johnny Thomas. 
Red Plastic Bag of Barbados also inducted into the Sunshine Awards Hall of Fame.
Commenting on his award on Instagram, the singer said he was honoured and humbled for the recognition.

"As a little boy growing up in Siparia something like this was unimaginable. There are so many people to thank for where I am today but some of the main ones are my Mother, @machelmontano @ladyelena_ @katrinachandler1 @deredboyz and all my friends and fans who supported me through all the ups and downs during my career. I tried not to cry last night but I couldn't help it."

Comments